At nearly 100 million users Instagram is a huge social network. One that rides the exploding number of happy snappers with smartphones. Read some crazy Instagram stats here.
Here we show you how to get your Instagram feed and individual images displayed inside WordPress.
How to embed your Instagram feed in WordPress
1. Log-in to your WordPress site, go to Plugins >> Install New and install Simply Instagram. Need help installing plugins? Read here.
2. Activate the plugin and go to Settings >> Simply Instagram.
3. Click on the Login button and enter the username and password for your account.
You will be redirected back to the settings page for the plugin where you can customize the short code to display your feed.
There are a few different options here but of you want to cut to the chase (and who doesn’t?) go to the next step.
4. Create a new page or post and call it something like “My Amazing Instagram feed”, then paste in the code below into your page.
For all recent media
[simply_instagram endpoints="users" type="recent-media" size="thumbnail"]
For your own recent uploads only
[simply_instagram endpoints="users" type="self-feed" size="thumbnail"]
This will generate something that looks like this:
Embedding Instagram images into WordPress
NOTE: WordPress 3.5 has this feature in the core software. You can skip to step 3!
1. Install the plugin Instagram Embed.
2. After activating the plugin, open a new tab or window and visit the page on Instagram for the image you want to embed.
3. Copy the URL from the top of your browser and paste it anywhere in a post or page on a separate line.
After you’ve published your page it will display like so:
Adding the Instagram widget
If you want some of your latest Instagram images in your sidebar then you will need to:
1. Navigate to Appearance >> Widgets and drag one of the four Simply Instagram widgets into your sidebar or footer areas and configure.
Plugins used in this tutorial
If you have any questions let us know in the comments.